Re: [xsl] Re: backticks in regex - tales of the unexpected part II

Subject: Re: [xsl] Re: backticks in regex - tales of the unexpected part II
From: "Abel Braaksma (Exselt)" <abel@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2014 19:27:35 +0200
On 7-4-2014 19:04, Ihe Onwuka wrote:
> Well mine is not a regional vocabulary scenario. The backtick appears
> in a title which is used to create a url which (I believe) will not
> tolerate such characters.

I may be wrong here, but I think that a backtick is not a reserved
character and is allowed in a URL. Whether it is good practice to
include it is another story.

An equal, dollar or plus sign have special meaning in a URL, but are all
considered word characters with \w. Meaning: \w is not a good match for
finding URI characters. fn:escape-html-uri is probably a good thing to
add to your URL creation.

Cheers,
Abel