Re: [xsl] Re: [xquery-talk] backticks in regex - tales of the unexpected part II

Subject: Re: [xsl] Re: [xquery-talk] backticks in regex - tales of the unexpected part II
From: Wolfgang Laun <wolfgang.laun@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2014 20:01:20 +0200
There is an uncanny legacy of hackers (and typists) abusing certain
special characters. There is quoting `like this', which abuses the
grave as an opening quote and the apostrophe as a matching closing
quote. Read Donald E. Knuth (and others) on the subtleties of
typesetting in English and other languages, where French, German and
English roll their own w.r.t. quotes. If you have a dataset constantly
misusing some character, fix it with some simple tool, but don't blame
clean SW.

-W