Re: [xsl] Assigning new attribute value

Subject: Re: [xsl] Assigning new attribute value
From: "Michael Kay mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2016 20:25:00 -0000
Try

<Location>
  <xsl:attribute name="{name(@*[1])}" select="$placement-index"/>
</Location>

The [1] isn't necessary if you know there will always be exactly one
attribute, but it makes it a bit more robust.

Michael Kay
Saxonica

> On 20 Dec 2016, at 20:11, Mark Wilson pubs@xxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> I am doing an identity transformation that has presented me with a problem.
The element <Location> in the original XML must have one and only one of seven
possible attributes. Whichever attribute is present, I must keep its name but
change its value. I have created a brute-force template that I assume will
work. It ascertains the attribute's name and assigns it a new value. This is
so ugly I am hanging my head in shame. There must be a more elegant method
> Mark
>
> xsl:template match="Location">
>     <xsl:param name="placement-index"/>
>         <Location>