Re: [xsl] What's the best feature in XSLT 3?

Subject: Re: [xsl] What's the best feature in XSLT 3?
From: "Wendell Piez wapiez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2019 21:17:56 -0000
Hi again,

To agree with John (the spec is not so bad as that) but also to add,
threads like this one are invaluable.

For example, I just looked at Jirka's slides and how can I have missed
xsl:where-populated and xsl:on-empty/on-non-empty? I will use those.

Cheers, Wendell

On Thu, Oct 3, 2019 at 5:06 PM John Lumley john.lumley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> Acknowledging my possible bias, if you are quite happy with most of the
content and detail of Michael Kaybs 2.0 book, then I suggest you gently read
your way through the XSLT3.0 and XPath3.1 specs.... Youbll have enough
background to understand the general concepts and the bwhatbs newb
sections will give you pointers.

> John Lumley
> john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> > On 3 Oct 2019, at 21:15, Rick Quatro rick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> >
> > Besides Liam's upcoming course, are there any definitive guides on XSLT
3/XPath 3.1? My too best current resources are Michael Kay's book and Ken
Holman's course on Udemy.com, which cover versions 1 and 2. Thanks for any
pointers.

--
...Wendell Piez... ...wendell -at- nist -dot- gov...
...wendellpiez.com... ...pellucidliterature.org... ...pausepress.org...