Re: [xsl] What's the best feature in XSLT 3?

Subject: Re: [xsl] What's the best feature in XSLT 3?
From: "Michael Kay mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2019 07:52:03 -0000
Interestingly, we introduced xsl:mode/@on-no-match because the conventional
forms of identity template weren't streamable. As the streamability analysis
improved, this justification largely disappeared [*], but by then we had
become accustomed to the convenience of this short-cut.

Michael Kay
Saxonica

[*] The union operator select="node() | @*" still has streaming problems --
see the note in 19.8.8.4. But you can write it as

<xsl:apply-templates select="@*"/>
<xsl:apply-templates select="node()"/>

to get round this.

MK