Re: [xsl] [ANN]: Apache Xerces-J 2.12.1 now available

Subject: Re: [xsl] [ANN]: Apache Xerces-J 2.12.1 now available
From: "Adam Retter adam.retter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2020 15:10:11 -0000
For anyone who uses Maven or Ivy, we have published Xerces 2.12.1
artifacts (including XML Schema 1.1 support) to Maven Central -
https://search.maven.org/artifact/org.exist-db.thirdparty.xerces/xercesImpl/2
.12.1/jar

On Mon, 13 Jan 2020 at 13:52, Mukul Gandhi gandhi.mukul@xxxxxxxxx

> Hi all,
>    The Apache Xerces XML project team is pleased to announce that version
2.12.1 of Apache Xerces-J is now available.

> Xerces-J 2.12.1 can be downloaded at: http://xerces.apache.org/mirrors.cgi.
>
> This release is a bug fix release. It fixes few bugs which were present in
Xerces-J 2.12.0 and also includes a few other minor enhancements.

> Specifically, the changes introduced in this release are:
>
> * Implemented few fixes for XML Schema identity constraints, within Xerces's
XML Schema 1.0 and 1.1 validators. [Sandy Gao, Mukul Gandhi]

> * When XML Schema 1.1 validations are done, where xs:assert are contained
within xs:override, the XPath expressions within xs:assert can't see XML
namespace bindings specified at certain locations in schema documents. This
release fixes this. [Mukul Gandhi, Patrick Gratz]

> * When XML Schema 1.1 validations are done, when the schema document is
specified via xsi:schemaLocation attribute in the XML document, when full
XPath 2.0 is used with CTA, for certain use cases validation was not occurring
correctly. This release fixes this. [Mukul Gandhi, Yitzhak Khabinsky]

> * For certain cases, while doing XML Schema 1.1 xs:assert validations, error
messages appeared like following 'FOAR0001 - Division by zero'. Modified such
error messages, to now contain the character ':' instead of '-' (since, the
character '-' can be confused with a negation symbol). [Mukul Gandhi]

> * The 'XML Schema 1.1 structures' REC in the section, "3.2.3 Constraints on
XML Representations of Attribute Declarations (Schema Representation
Constraint: Attribute Declaration Representation)" mentions, '5 If fixed and
use are both present, use must not have the actual value prohibited'. This
functionality is newly introduced in XML Schema 1.1. Fixed a runtime
validation issue for this XSD clause, when XSD 1.1 implementation is invoked
in XSD 1.0 mode. [Mukul Gandhi]

> * Xerces-J was previously not building from sources when Java 9+ was used.
This release fixes this. [Mukul Gandhi, Michael Glavassevich, Thomas Pasch]

> * XML Schema 1.1 has introduced the attribute 'ref' on xs:key, xs:unique and
xs:keyref. When certain such schema documents were processed by Xerces-J's XSD
1.1 implementation in XSD 1.0 mode, a java.lang.NullPointerException was
displayed to the user when the schema document is processed with Xerces sample
jaxp.SourceValidator. This release fixes this. [Michael Glavassevich, Mukul
Gandhi]

> * Fixed minor bugs and made various improvements. [Michael Glavassevich,
Mukul Gandhi, Octavian Nadolu]

> * Added many new tests to the regression since the previous Xerces release,
for Xerces's XML Schema 1.0 and 1.1 implementations. [Mukul Gandhi]

> A complete list of JIRA issues resolved in this release is available here:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10520&styleN
ame=Html&version=12346610