Re: [xsl] compare two node sets

Subject: Re: [xsl] compare two node sets
From: "Liam R. E. Quin liam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2020 16:41:37 -0000
On Tue, 2020-01-21 at 15:42 +0000, Piez, Wendell A. (Fed)
wendell.piez@xxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Another solution not yet suggested in this thread is to avoid deep-
> equal() and rely on a signature function.
Yes. I admit i tend to avoid deep-equal for this sort of thing because
of its behaviour with comments or processing instructions, and because
the definition of equality tends to vary over time - e.g. wanting to
ignore prefix and suffic/credentials elements or needing a case-
insensitive comparison on family name to cope with latin transcriptions
of Japanese family names.

But that depends on the business context - the source of the data and
who mantains the various parts of the XSLT.

Liam

--
Liam Quin, https://www.delightfulcomputing.com/
Barefoot Web-slave, antique illustrations:  http://www.fromoldbooks.org