Re: [xsl] How do I pass the mode as a string?

Subject: Re: [xsl] How do I pass the mode as a string?
From: "Graydon graydon@xxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2020 16:31:05 -0000
On Tue, Mar 03, 2020 at 04:20:47PM -0000, Kerry, Richard richard.kerry@xxxxxxxx scripsit:
> Ok, that's a possibility then.
> If I understand it you mean I could do the search/filter as a completely separate action, storing the resultant list of files as a variable, then pass the list of files variable to apply-template.

You can certainly do that.

Whether you need a distinct variable depends on how complicated the
filter is; you might be able to do all the filtering in the select of
the apply-templates, either because it's simple or because you wrote a
function.

Stacking variables with modes -- variable A is apply-templates on some
initial content set with mode "doA", variable B is apply templates on $A
with mode "doB", and so on -- is an effective way to do encapsulation in
XSLT.

> I might try that.

Good luck!

-- Graydon