Re: [xsl] Converting XML into ODT document to print as paper

Subject: Re: [xsl] Converting XML into ODT document to print as paper
From: "Peter Flynn peter@xxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2020 08:56:43 -0000
On 30/09/2020 06:00, Mukul Gandhi gandhi.mukul@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Is the following possible, as an opensource & freeware solution? First convert word file into word's standard XML serialization, and
then convert that XML serialization to pdf.

Yes, I think lots of people do this. The experimental journal publishing platform I reported on (https://www.balisage.net/Proceedings/vol15/html/Flynn01/BalisageVol15-Flynn01.html) did exactly what you describe (eg http://research.ucc.ie/scenario/current)

BUTb&all these solutions depend on the Word file using Names Styles consistently, and that's a human (editorial) requirement too.

Peter