Re: [xsl] Converting XML into ODT document to print as paper

Subject: Re: [xsl] Converting XML into ODT document to print as paper
From: "Eliot Kimber ekimber@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2020 14:33:15 -0000
My word2dita transformation framework
(https://github.com/dita4publishers/org.dita4publishers.word2dita) is the
inverse of The Wordinator--it takes DOCX XML, generates a simple intermediate
format (Simple Word Processing XML) and then applies a transform using a
style-to-tag mapping configuration file to generate DITA XML, from which you
can generate any number of outputs using your favorite DITA processor (i.e.
DITA Open Toolkit, Oxygen Chemistry, Adobe FrameMaker, etc.). It could be
adapted to generate other XML formats (it's a multi-phase process). It's
packaged as a DITA Open Toolkit plugin, but thatbs just for
convenience--it's a standalone XSLT framework with no direct dependency on
Open Toolkit.

There are already tools that will preview a Word document and they must be
using POI or something like it--I'd look for POI-based tools that render
DOCX--surely somebody's already done it.

Cheers,

E.
--
Eliot Kimber
http://contrext.com

o;?On 9/30/20, 12:06 AM, "Mukul Gandhi gandhi.mukul@xxxxxxxxx"

    On Tue, Sep 29, 2020 at 12:43 PM Geert Bormans geert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    This one is not open source nor freeware, but is an amazingly good
product

    https://products.aspose.com/words/java

    I came across above link earlier as well, but its price seems relatively
expensive & therefore difficult to pursue.

    Is the following possible, as an opensource & freeware solution?
    First convert word file into word's standard XML serialization, and then
convert that XML serialization to pdf.

    --
    Regards,
    Mukul Gandhi