MORE Re: [xsl] [Ann] Oxygen XML Editor version 23 release

Subject: MORE Re: [xsl] [Ann] Oxygen XML Editor version 23 release
From: "B Tommie Usdin btusdin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2020 15:13:20 -0000
> On Nov 23, 2020, at 8:41 AM, Octavian Nadolu octavian_nadolu@xxxxxxx

>  But we will maintain the XSLT 1.0 support in Oxygen. Also, you can
configure them as external processors.
> How many of you are using this processors?

This is another issue relating systems reliability and stability. XSLT
written, debugged, and working
comfortably in XSLT 1.0 cannot automagically-reliably simply be moved to a
later version.
If support for XSLT 1.0 goes away the user is faced with a significant testing
chore and
a possibly significant amount of maintenance programming. (Or of sticking with
an old version
of the host tool - in this case an old version of Oxygen - and missing out on
the cool new
capabilities.)

And yes, people *are* using XSLT 1.0 to run their business systems. They are
also using
DTDs. No, they aren't Luddites, they are people running real businesses, using
tools
that work for their needs, and preferring to spend time and money on their
main tasks
rather than tweaking systems that work.

-- Tommie

B. Tommie Usdin
mailto:btusdin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Mulberry Technologies, Inc.
https://www.mulberrytech.com
17 West Jefferson Street
Phone: 301/315-9631
Suite 207
Direct Line: 301/315-9634
Rockville, MD  20850
Fax: 301/315-8285
Mulberry Technologies: A Consultancy Specializing in XML for Prose Documents