Re: MORE Re: [xsl] [Ann] Oxygen XML Editor version 23 release

Subject: Re: MORE Re: [xsl] [Ann] Oxygen XML Editor version 23 release
From: "Wayne Brissette wbrisett@xxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2020 15:31:59 -0000
B Tommie Usdin btusdin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 2020-11-23 09:13:
> And yes, people*are*  using XSLT1.0  to run their business systems. They are also using
> DTDs. No, they aren't Luddites, they are people running real businesses, using tools
> that work for their needs, and preferring to spend time and money on their main tasks
> rather than tweaking systems that work.
To chime in here with one additional use case. There are those of us
using various python and ruby XML libraries all of which base things on
the existing 'C' XML library, which is 1.0. I tend to use oXygen to
debug and test my routines, and unfortunately those languages don't seem
to be moving off the 1.0 standard any time soon. I suspect because the
tooling we develop with them tends to use the language to do some of the
heavy lifting that has been put into later versions of XSLT.

-Wayne