Re: [xsl] Why does Chrome's XSL processor validate my XML files when processing them, and how can I make it stop doing that so that it processes them faster?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Why does Chrome's XSL processor validate my XML files when processing them, and how can I make it stop doing that so that it processes them faster?
From: "Liam R. E. Quin liam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2021 04:32:18 -0000
On Sun, 2021-02-21 at 03:58 +0000, Wolfhart Totschnig
wolfhart.totschnig@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> To Liam's suggestions:
>
> > Are you producing XHTML with a DOCTYPE?
>
> No, just HTML (see below).
>
> rate, are the preambles of the XML files and of the stylesheet:
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="../zettel.xsl"?>
> <zettel xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance";
> xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="../zettel.xsd">
>

> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <xsl:stylesheet version="1.1"
> xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform";>
> B B B B  <xsl:output method="html" doctype-system="about:legacy-compat"/>

> Does that help to identify a solution?

You could see if removing the schemaLocation made a difference,
although i doubt it. Unless you've installed an extension, Chrome
doesn't seem likely to have started doing XML Schema validation on
input to XSLT. And a system document type of about:legacy-compat is
correct and shouldn't cause problems.

Try opening the Network tab in the browser console and refreshing the
page and see what it's fetching.

Liam

--
Liam Quin,B https://www.delightfulcomputing.com/