Re: [xsl] Find/replace algorithm

Subject: Re: [xsl] Find/replace algorithm
From: "Albright, Jim jim_albright@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2021 13:40:46 -0000
An ancient but very powerful tool called Consistent Changes handles this
very easily.  Program available for free at
https://software.sil.org/cc/

The table would be

'xxxx'    >  'yyyyyyy'
'as many items'    >  'that you like'
'very efficient'       >  'but old program'

I use this program along with XSLT.  I choose the best from each world.
Right now I am converting a dictionary in Word format to be input into FLEx
(our linguistic tool) for handling dictionaries. I export Word to XHTML and
then process with the context in mind with XSLT.  After I have done as much
as I can here I switch to CC. There are lots of items that are better
handled with the changes tables.

Jim Albright
Wycliffe Bible Translators
704-562-1529