Re: [xsl] user-defined XSLT functions and stylesheet variables?

Subject: Re: [xsl] user-defined XSLT functions and stylesheet variables?
From: "Christophe Marchand cmarchand@xxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2021 00:11:42 -0000
All the responses given by Eliot and Liam respect Clean Code[1] best
practises. Many principles must be respected if you expect your code may
evolve :

  * DRY : Don't Repeat Yourself ; sometime in opposition with Single
    Responsability principle
  * YAGNI : You Ain't Gonna Need It
  * SOLID, with only some of them applicable to XSLT :
      o S : Single Responsability Principle: There must have no more
        than One reason to modifiy this piece of code
      o O : Open Close Principle: Open to Extension, Closed to Modification

All of these principles try to avoid use of global variables, even if
it's not clearly written in the details of pirinciples. As Mike says,
Evil is in the detail, but Evil is also in global variables.

HTH,
Christophe

[1] : clean Code, Bob Martin, Pearson Addison-Wesley, 2009

Le 18/06/2021 C  20:28, Eliot Kimber ekimber@xxxxxxxxxxxx a C)critB :