Re: [xsl] replace a string that is in between two specific chars in XSLT 1.0

Subject: Re: [xsl] replace a string that is in between two specific chars in XSLT 1.0
From: "David Carlisle d.p.carlisle@xxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2021 10:24:30 -0000
On Thu, 14 Oct 2021 at 11:05, Prady Prady prady.chin@xxxxxxxxx

> Thank you for the response,  Michael!
>
> But Oracle BPEL 2.0 does not support XSLT 3.0. It only supports XSLT 1.0

It would help if you clarified your question as your expected result
doesn't match the transformation you ask for.

Is the input always of the form

aaa#bbbb;ccc#ddd

with one ; and two #  (as in the example you show) or can you have any
number of ; and # and you want to delete any text between adjacent #
and ; (as the title of the thread implies)?

Especially with xslt1 which has no regex replace doing the first which
doesn't require any searching and looping is significantly simpler,
basically

<xsl:value-of select="substring-before(.,'#')"/>
<xsl:text>;</xsl:text>
<xsl:value-of select="substring-before(substring-after(.,';'),'#')"/>

will produce aaa;ccc  if . is the string above.

David

David

> Any help using XSLT 1.0 is greatly appreciated
>
> On Wed, 13 Oct 2021 at 13:43, Michael MC<ller-Hillebrand mmh@xxxxxxxxx
>>
>> Hi Prady,
>>
>> Assuming you meant "string split by ;" I came up with this template doing
the work:

>>   <xsl:template match="Ip">
>>     <xsl:variable name="entries" select="tokenize(text(), '\s*;\s*')"
as="xs:string*"/>
>>     <xsl:element name="nums" namespace="http://xmlns.ieee.org/V2";>
>>       <xsl:value-of select="($entries ! substring-before(., '#')) =>
string-join(';')" />
>>     </xsl:element>
>>   </xsl:template>
>>
>> It uses XSLT 3 features, because they are so great, and b frankly b I
am not motivated to do this using XSLT1. This will most probably involve a
recursive template using substring-before and substring-after.

<xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

>> Team,
>>

>> Can somebody help me to replace string that is in between # and ; with
blank. I need to include this is oracle bpel which only supports xslt 1.0