Re: [xsl] Using node-set variables in predicates (another node comparison question)

Subject: Re: [xsl] Using node-set variables in predicates (another node comparison question)
From: "Chris Papademetrious christopher.papademetrious@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2022 19:31:50 -0000
Hi Makita-san,

You are right, in most cases the DITA-OT is good about suppressing
leading/trailing spaces!

We use Oxygenbs PDF Chemistry for publishing, and I noticed the following:

  *   In TOC, trailing whitespace pushed the dot leader (dotted line)
rightward.
  *   In figure titles, leading spaces pushed the title rightward.
  *   In table cells, leading spaces pushed the content rightward.

Sometimes <indexterm> elements would complicate the issue:

Plus, the presence of leading/trailing spaces bothered me from a correctness
perspective. p

I developed the trimming refactoring operation for all of these reasons. (The
updates to ignore <indexterm> elements in the sibling searches are not shown
in the code samples I shared on this list, but Ibm happy to share the
completed operation if you are interested.)

  *   Chris