Re: [xsl] Functional Equivalent of strip-space on Collection Documents

Subject: Re: [xsl] Functional Equivalent of strip-space on Collection Documents
From: "Martin Honnen martin.honnen@xxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2022 23:45:46 -0000
On 19.02.2022 00:36, Don Smith dsmith_lockesmith@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Answers to my question might go several rather different directions so
I'll try and specify general scenarios vs. the specific scenario I'm
most interested in.

Using: XSLT 2.0.

Goal: Use functional equivalent of strip-space on collection documents.

Perhaps I'm mistaken but using XSLT 2.0 I don't think there is a way to
use <xsl:strip-space> on documents that are being processed in a
collection. That's because strip-space applies only to the input
document

https://www.w3.org/TR/xslt20/#strip explains: "For the purposes of this section, the term source tree means the document containing the initial context node, and any document returned by the functions document, docFO, or collectionFO."

So I am not sure where you got the idea that "the input document" is the
document xsl:strip-space is declared for. It includes secondary input
documents as well.