Re: [xsl] Spell Check Type Matching in XPath?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Spell Check Type Matching in XPath?
From: "C. M. Sperberg-McQueen cmsmcq@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2022 20:11:34 -0000
On Thu, 2022-04-21 at 19:01 +0000, Eliot Kimber
eliot.kimber@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Ibm looking at Jenibs code now. Ibll see what I can do with it.
> The fact that this is the best there is (a MarkMail search basically
> brought me to Mikebs response below), it suggests that therebs not
> something more obvious that I simply failed to see.

Non-obvious (at least to me), but possibly faster, given that you know
already one of the strings to be matched, may be the symmetric-deletion
approach to edit distance described by Wolf Garber [1]. It allows a
fairly quick detection of whether the candidate string is within edit
distance  1 of the string you're looking to match -- if you adjust the
way you do it, you can detect strings within distance 2.

[1]
https://wolfgarbe.medium.com/1000x-faster-spelling-correction-algorithm-2012-8701fcd87a5f

Michael Sperberg-McQueen