Re: [xsl] Initial whitespace in PI from XSLT, main body

Subject: Re: [xsl] Initial whitespace in PI from XSLT, main body
From: "Wendell Piez wapiez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 May 2022 15:07:17 -0000
Peter,

This is awesome! Excellent that you are maintaining this.

I like the language fine except there is one thing to add, that schema
validation including DTD validation may provide for whitespace
normalization on attributes (and in XSD, text content!), or at any rate
specify it in such a way that in *some* parses (schema-aware), they will be
normalized (and hence may appear differently from the data). So, a bit
ouch. In XSLT they are left alone, but given such a parse before the XSLT,
they are not.

Also it's CDATA attributes not PCDATA attributes, am I wrong?

Cheers, Wendell

On Sun, May 8, 2022 at 4:53 PM Peter Flynn peter@xxxxxxxxxxx <

--
...Wendell Piez... ...wendell -at- nist -dot- gov...
...wendellpiez.com... ...pellucidliterature.org... ...pausepress.org...