Re: [xsl] Where is 'intersect' Operator Defined in XPath 3?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Where is 'intersect' Operator Defined in XPath 3?
From: "Dimitre Novatchev dnovatchev@xxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2022 17:40:06 -0000
Thanks, Ken,

Seems really nice.

So we could have a path with unlimited length, each step of which is a call
to the key() function where the 2nd argument is an expression relative to
the nodes selected by the previous step.

Thanks,
Dimitre

On Mon, Aug 15, 2022 at 10:29 AM G. Ken Holman g.ken.holman@xxxxxxxxx <

> Perhaps are you missing that the @d would be
> relative to the results of the LHS instead of the current node?
>
> At 2022-08-15 17:23 +0000, Dimitre Novatchev dnovatchev@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > > BTW to this day most XPathers do not know you
> > can do key('a',@b)/key('c',@d) ... for this
> > reason a good Quick Ref has examples
> >
> >Isn't this equivalent to just:
> >
> >C  C key('c',@d)C
> >
> >or am I missing something?
> >
> >Thanks,
> >Dimitre
> >
> >On Mon, Aug 15, 2022 at 7:34 AM Wendell Piez
> ><mailto:wapiez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>wapiez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> ><<mailto:xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> >wrote:
> >Friends, I am coming in late (after a week by
> >scenicC Lake Otsego, without email), with apologies --
> >
> >Of course, the solution is an updated QuickRef
> >such as Mulberry's Quick References (back in the
> >day), and yes, good examples of this kind of
> >thing are works of art. I hesitate to mention
> >this only because I am not volunteering to do any actual work this time.
> :-)
> >
> >But a hand-held printable "Dungeon master's
> >guide" cheat sheet to go with whatever Norm is
> >working on, would be fantabulous (wouldn't it)?
> >
> >BTW to this day most XPathers do not know you
> >can do key('a',@b)/key('c',@d) ... for this
> >reason a good Quick Ref has examples
> >
> ><https://mulberrytech.com/quickref/xpath2.pdf>
> https://mulberrytech.com/quickref/xpath2.pdf
> >(by Sam, me, Debbie and Tommie?) - evidently,
> >both page-printable and online-browsable forms
> >present actual design problems. Think about how
> >it should look on a handheld device, for example.
> >
> >Cheers, Wendell
> >

> >On Fri, Aug 12, 2022 at 3:36 AM Norm Tovey-Walsh
> ><mailto:ndw@xxxxxxxxxx>ndw@xxxxxxxxxx
> ><<mailto:xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> >wrote:
> > > In my abundant ignorance of the editorial process I assumed that at
> > > least each function (nd other component) of the language would have a
> > > few paras of explanation; but specifically would occupy something like
> > > a <sect*> to itself at some level, with the name of the function in
> > > the <title>, or perhaps as the xml:id.C  It is then trivial to list
> > > them all, with a view to indexing, checking, assigning to
> > > subcommittees, etc. But perhaps I have been working with structured
> > > document systems for too long :-)
> >
> >ThatC"b,b"s certainly the case, thereC"b,b"s a lot of valuable
information in
> the
> >markup that we can use to improve access to the specs.
> >
> >C  C  C  C  C  C  C  C  C  C  C  C  C  C  C  C  C  C  C
C  Be seeing you,
> >C  C  C  C  C  C  C  C  C  C  C  C  C  C  C  C  C  C  C
C  C  norm