Re: [xsl] suggestion for an xml editor, please?

Subject: Re: [xsl] suggestion for an xml editor, please?
From: "Christophe Marchand cmarchand@xxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2022 08:51:04 -0000
Hum... difficult to answer ! There are many editors, and many various
use cases !

In my opinion, best editor for XML-related technologies is Oxygen
(https://www.oxygenxml.com/) suite. Fonto XML
(https://www.fontoxml.com/fonto-xml-editor/) is also a great editor.

They are both commercial.

If you have to work on very large XML files, they probably won't be very
suited for : an XML editor needs to keep the whole tree in memory (with
of course some optimizations), and working on very large documents is
often slow. For this kind of documents, prefer some simple text editors,
like EMacs or others that are able to work woth large files.

But I think that working on large files must be done with programs ;
i.e. you probably need to code a program to split your text file into
XML elements ; if rules are not too complex, it's easy with many
XML-related technologies, including XSLT or XQuery. Then, once you have
a structured document, it's easy to add more processing in your code to
process all use cases.

Hope this helps,
Christophe

Le 17/08/2022 C  08:19, Massimiliano Volpi maxvolpi@xxxxxxxxxxx a C)critB :