Re: [xsl] Do you run your XSLT code from a debugger? What debugger do you use?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Do you run your XSLT code from a debugger? What debugger do you use?
From: "Elisa Beshero-Bondar ebbondar@xxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2022 15:00:42 -0000
When we teach XSLT, we always use the oXygen debugger, and especially the
"output to source mapping" feature because it helps to show which portions
of the output document are processed by which templates. And when I'm
composing XSLT I pretty much always work in the oXygen XSLT debugger view,
too--even when eventually I'm setting up a batch process I'll be running in
the shell with Saxon parsers. Does that make me a rookie or something? I
think it's pretty convenient. But recently I was chatting with the
developer of an XSLT library who clearly didn't use it and hadn't expected
the people who worked with his library to be writing XSLT in such a way. I
think the weirdness for them was something about the way they expect people
to be "running" the XSLT--so the expectation seems to be that people would
always run it from a configured Transformation Scenario. I rarely if ever
use that, but it seems some people only ever run XSLT in oXygen from a
Transformation Scenario and don't know about the debugger view. And that,
to me, was wierd!

Cheers,
Elisa

On Tue, Aug 23, 2022 at 10:34 AM Martin Honnen martin.honnen@xxxxxx <

--
Elisa Beshero-Bondar, PhD
Program Chair of Digital Media, Arts, and Technology | Professor of Digital