Re: [xsl] XSLT result tree fragment, with XSLT 3.0 and xsl:variable

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSLT result tree fragment, with XSLT 3.0 and xsl:variable
From: "Mukul Gandhi mukulg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2023 14:43:42 -0000
Hi Graydon,

On Mon, Apr 10, 2023 at 7:37b/PM Graydon graydon@xxxxxxxxx <

> I seem to recall that result tree fragments were an awkward special
> case and I had to keep writing out intermediate files if I wanted to do
> any kind of multi-pass processing with 1.0.

I think, XSLT 1.0 result tree fragments can be converted into node sets
(using node-set extension function, supported by almost all the XSLT 1.0
processors), and then we could easily use those node sets to do multi pass
XSLT transformations without persisting intermediate files.

--
Regards,
Mukul Gandhi