RE: Panzer's posting on the Public Domain Enhancement Act

Subject: RE: Panzer's posting on the Public Domain Enhancement Act
From: informania@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 16:59:28 +0200
Edward Barrow wrote:

<I must admit that I paid only cursory attention to the draft Act but I had
the impression that certification was only meant to apply to the last 20
years of the term, beyond the Berne minimum, so I think one could argue that
it isn't incompatible.>

I thought certification would be required 50 years post publication, not
post mortem. If that's so then unless the author dies immediately upon
penning the final strophe of a work, 50 years post publication would
normally be less than 50 years post mortem - and so it would normally
require certification to take place within the Berne term, and against Berne
injunctions against formalities.

Chris Zielinski
Consultant, CSI/EGB/WHO
Avenue Appia, CH-1211