conference opportunity

Subject: conference opportunity
From: Casramapo@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 14:54:22 EDT
Hello,

I would like to bring to your attention an opportunity to participate in the
Intellectual Property Track of the next IRMA (Information Resource Management
Association) conference in May, 2004, in New Orleans. Conference attendees are
IT educators and professionals.

Contributions may take the form of a paper, research in progress, panel,
tutorial, etc.

Following is a description of the track.

RECOMMENDED TOPICS
This track invites papers and panels in the following areas (but not limited
to):

Copyright and education including distance learning
Intellectual property and business valuation
Database legislation
Domain name disputes and cyber squatting
College policies on appropriate use of technology
Shrink wrap and click wrap licenses
Recent extensions to the copyright law
Digital signatures
Business method patents
Software patents
The cost of obtaining patent protection
The Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DCMA)
The Technology, Education, and Copyright Harmonization Act (TEACH)
The American Inventors Protection Act
Festo v. Shoketsu Kinzoku Kogyo
Commercialization of inventions and discoveries
Intellectual property and national security

For complete conference information, visit the IRMA Web Site at
<A
HREF="http://www.irma-international.org/";>http://www.irma-international.org</
A>. Attached are the Call for Papers for the
track and the Call for Participation.

Thank you for considering IRMA; please contact me at this email address or
at:
csherman@xxxxxxxxxx

Cherie Ann Sherman
Professor of Information Systems