Re: catalogue/book covers

Subject: Re: catalogue/book covers
From: fister@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 16:43:37 -0500
They are not in the public domain - artists/designers of covers may retain
copyright, but typically make their work available for reuse as a marketing
tool. That doesn't answer your question though - I have no idea, though I did
help a poet track down permission for using a painting on one of her covers.
What an interesting question.

Barbara Fister

Quoting Ruth Roberts <RRoberts@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

Hello all,

I have been told that all catalogue or book covers are in the public
domain.  We have been asked to provide photography of a catalogue whose
main cover object is the property of another museum (overseas, huge, and
difficult to get to correct contact people).  Anyone familiar with this
type of request?

Sincerely,

Ruth V. Roberts
Coordinator of Rights & Reproductions