RE: Filming Copyrighted Works for Promotional Video

Subject: RE: Filming Copyrighted Works for Promotional Video
From: "John B. McHugh" <j.b.mchugh@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 12:16:19 -0600
Sarah,

My opinion is that the uses you outline are not within fair use under any
stretch of the imagination. And if you are contemplating online use of this
material, this is even another reason to seek a license to use this
protected material.

I subscribe to the adage that the "Cheapest insurance against a copyright
infringement suit is seeking permission."

Jack

John B. McHugh
Publishing Consultant
414-351-3056
414-351-0666 (Fax)
Email:  j.b.mchugh@xxxxxxx

Visit www.johnbmchugh.com to read free McHugh Publications on these topics:
Association Publishing, Book Publishing, Copyright, Executive Recruiting,
Journal Publishing, Product Development, and Publishing Management.