Re: Image copyright question

Subject: Re: Image copyright question
From: "Julia A. Perhac" <jperhac@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 10:01:07 -0400 (EDT)
I have a question that is similar to Brenda's and since my experience in copyright issues overall is limited, I'm hoping there would be some wisdom here for me, too!

Our scenario is one where a printed journal article needs to be distributed to students who are completing fieldwork and who are geographically distributed across the country.

Would Fair Use permit the instructor to scan the printed article and attach it to an email to be sent to each student individually? Would Fair Use permit the scanned article be posted to Blackboard?

Thank-you very much for your input.

Julia A. Perhac
Director, MIS Department
Touro University California
phone:  707 638-5425
fax:  707 638-5430

MIS DEPARTMENT SUPPORT =======================
Lab/Lecture Emergencies - extension 5911
MIS Department Help Desk - extension 5424
MIS Help Desk Email - tuca.helpdesk@xxxxxxxxx
MIS Department Web Page - http://www.tu.edu/departments.php?id=38&page=110