RE: Students and copyright

Subject: RE: Students and copyright
From: "Abhishek Sharma" <abhisheksharma03@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 12:18:54 +0000
Academic use is a universally accepted fair-use exception. For fair use
you dont need to obtain permission. Copyright is basically designed to
protect the economic right and moral right of the author. Since academic
use dont cause any economic harm, as it is not for the business, and the
work is duly acknowledged not infringing the moral right of the author,
hence there is no need to go for the permission of the author.

It is to hard to locate and communicate with the authors, hence also it
is quite fair.

Cheers

Abhishek