Re: What Educators Should Know About Copyright PocketGuide or Something Similar??

Subject: Re: What Educators Should Know About Copyright PocketGuide or Something Similar??
From: Peter Hirtle <pbh6@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 11:03:39 -0400
At 08:53 AM 7/10/2009, Melinda Townsel wrote:
>I am looking for a general pocketguide (something in print) to give to
>faculty adding items to our Reserves Collection. Years ago we used something
>called "What Educators Should Know About Copyright"  Have any of your
>institutions developed something like this or use something similar?

We just produced a "Faculty Guide to Copyright."  You can find it at
http://www.copyright.cornell.edu/policies/docs/Brochure_FG.pdf, or
linked from http://www.copyright.cornell.edu/policies/.

ARL's "Know Your Copy Rights" campaign and brochure (at
http://www.knowyourcopyrights.org/) is also very good.

Peter B. Hirtle
CUL Intellectual Property Officer
Scholarly Resources and Special Collections
Cornell University Library
221 Olin Library
Ithaca, NY  14853
peter.hirtle@xxxxxxxxxxx