information regarding copyright of photographs in other countries

Subject: information regarding copyright of photographs in other countries
From: "Marsha Zavar" <mlzavar@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 09:39:38 -0500
I am posting this on behalf of a colleague:

Hello everyone. At the present time I am working with a faculty member who
would like to put her travel photographs from China, Taiwan, and Japan in
our digital repository as part of her teaching collection. The photographs
range in subject from public parks, street scenes, festivals and signs, to
monuments and inside cultural and open air heritage sites. We are reading up
on copyright law for photography in the United States and see that many laws
differ among states. This led us to wonder about the copyright laws of each
country specifically relating to photography and the subject of those
photographs.

We are looking for suggestions for publications or web sites that could
provide guidance on international copyright laws, especially for the 3
countries mentioned above. Thanks in advanced for any suggestions.

Dee