RE: E-Reserves question

Subject: RE: E-Reserves question
From: Kevin Smith <kevin.l.smith@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2011 14:33:50 +0000
Monograph purchases are being cut across the board, they are just more deeply
felt at university presses.  We do not select or "target" presses, contrary to
what you seem to think, we allocate our shrinking monies for books to
selectors based on discipline.  And whether or not libraries should be
burdened with the cost of licensing, that is the reality; stop blaming the
messenger.

Now you should answer my question -- is it better for us to buy the blanket
campus license or continue to buy monographs from Penn State University
Press?

Kevin L. Smith, M.L.S., J.D.
Director of Scholarly Communications
Duke University, Perkins Library