Re: Downloading videos from YouTube?

Subject: Re: Downloading videos from YouTube?
From: "Charles P. Wiggins" <cpwiggins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 12:23:56 -0500
Cynthia,

In most cases, YouTube does not allow downloads and trying to
circumvent their safeguards against that would be a clear violation of
their Terms of Use ( http://www.youtube.com/t/terms ).
*********************
5. B.
Content is provided to you AS IS. You may access Content for your
information and personal use solely as intended through the provided
functionality of the Service and as permitted under these Terms of
Service. You shall not download any Content unless you see a bdownloadb
or similar link displayed by YouTube on the Service for that Content.
You shall not copy, reproduce, distribute, transmit, broadcast, display,
sell, license, or otherwise exploit any Content for any other purposes
without the prior written consent of YouTube or the respective licensors
of the Content. YouTube and its licensors reserve all rights not
expressly granted in and to the Service and the Content.
***********************

Cheers,
Charles

Charles P. Wiggins
Director of Library Services
Isothermal Community College
P.O. Box 804
Spindale, NC 28160
828-286-3636 ext. 216

cpwiggins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

E-mail correspondence to and from this sender may be subject to the
North Carolina Public Records law and may be disclosed to third parties.

>>> Cynthia Porter <cporter@xxxxxxxx> 1/10/2012 7:09 PM >>>
I gave a copyright presentation to faculty today (yay!) and I got some
questions I couldn't answer.  I'll post them separately, so I can keep
track of the answers easier.

I told them that it was okay to put links to YouTube videos in their
class
materials.  One professor asked a related question:  *Is it was okay
download the video instead, and provide a copy to students within
Blackboard?*

Can you help me answer that question?

Cynthia

--