RE: Downloading videos from YouTube?

Subject: RE: Downloading videos from YouTube?
From: "Godsey-Bell, Connie F. (LNG-DAY)" <Connie.Godsey-Bell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 17:39:46 +0000
Hi,
YouTube's downloading policy says "downloading videos from YouTube is not
supported ...", except for the instance of downloading your own uploaded
videos to MP4.  See Downloading YouTube Videos
(http://support.google.com/youtube/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=56100) and
Section 5 of the Terms of Service (http://www.youtube.com/t/terms?hl=en_US)
which says "...You shall not download any Content unless you see a "download"
or similar link displayed by YouTube on the Service for that Content. You
shall not copy, reproduce, distribute, transmit, broadcast, display, sell,
license, or otherwise exploit any Content for any other purposes without the
prior written consent of YouTube or the respective licensors of the Content.
..."   I believe if you have written consent to download the content, it
appears to be permissible. I don't think posting it in Blackboard without
permission would be permissible. Thanks.