[digital-copyright] FW:

Subject: [digital-copyright] FW:
From: Camille Walker <camille.walker@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 13:56:21 -0500
Tue, 19 Feb 2013 12:24:14 -0500

From: Jo Ann Reynolds <Jo_Ann.Reynolds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

When we cannot purchase a stream as an institution from a vendor we will
li= nk to the purchase on demand record in Amazon, Netflix, Hulu+, iTunes,
etc.=  in our reserve system with "purchase on demand" following the title.
Stude= nts clicking on these titles are brought to the purchase record for
the tit= le and can choose to purchase or rent the stream. The faculty who
have trie= d this as last ditch alternative have been satisfied with it.

The Library does not purchase from these services to use for streaming to
c= lasses as the last time I checked license agreements it was for
individual = use. Several years ago when I checked the iTunes license with
the company t= hey permitted faculty to purchase streams on their account
and show them in=  the classroom. I don't know if it has changed since then.

Best,

Jo Ann

Jo Ann Reynolds

Reserve Services Coordinator