[digital-copyright] FW: Amazon streaming video for classroom use?

Subject: [digital-copyright] FW: Amazon streaming video for classroom use?
From: Camille Walker <camille.walker@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 13:58:26 -0500
From: "Stanley, Theresa" <tcstanley@xxxxxxxx>
To: 'Kevin Smith' <kevin.l.smith@xxxxxxxx>, "Varvel, Virgil Eugene Jr"
	<vvarvel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Peter B. Hirtle" <pbh6@xxxxxxxxxxx>,
"Funke,  Rebecca S." <rsfunke@xxxxxxxxx>,
"digital-copyright@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
	<digital-copyright@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 11:24:27 -0700
Subject: RE: Amazon streaming video for classroom use?

It has been several years but I thought I saw an email with a comment from
= a Netflix rep; turns out it was from a blog, but here is the link to
that
http://readwrite.com/2010/09/20/netflix_turns_a_blind_eye_to_illegal_use_b
y=
_school

Turns out Netflix rep says they "frown upon" libraries using Netflix, but
t= hey are not going to go after them.=20

I know this question from a faculty member was not a library subscription,
= but my guess is, the verbiage in their TOU relating to "personal
computers"=  and "within your household" is how they feel they are
excluding classroom = (and libraries) use.

Theresa C. Stanley Ed. D.
Library Director
Downtown Campus Library
Pima Community College
1255 N. Stone Ave.
Tucson, AZ 85709-3000
520-206-7267
"Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to
da= nce in the rain." - Author unknown