RE: [digital-copyright] Copyright in Anatomical Models?

Subject: RE: [digital-copyright] Copyright in Anatomical Models?
From: "Steinhoff, Cindy" <cksteinhoff@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 18:47:52 +0000
Ed, I can't address copyright as it applies to a model; however, a contract
might apply.  A few years ago, a faculty member wanted to create a short video
using a model owned by the biology department that she used in her on ground
classes.  The video would go in her online course within the college's
learning management system, protected by user name and password.  She took it
upon herself to contact the company from which the department purchased the
model to ask if this was acceptable.  They referred her to a contract that had
been signed when the model was purchased.  It stated that their models could
not be used in photographs or video for any purpose.

Cindy Steinhoff
Anne Arundel Community College
Arnold, MD

The information contained in this email may be confidential and/or legally
privileged. It has been sent for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). If
the reader of this message is not an intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, dissemination,
distribution, or copying of this communication, or any of its content, is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please
message. Thank you.