Re: [stella] Cubis the text

Subject: Re: [stella] Cubis the text
From: Chris Pepin <cpepin1@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 1996 12:10:09 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 2 Dec 1996, Eckhard Stolberg wrote:

> Since I only have a PAL setup, I could only really test the PAL version.
> Can someone please test the NTSC version and tell me if it works and what
> colours it displays? I have tried it out on an emulator and it displayed
> different colours than my PAL version.

I tried both the NTSC and the Pal version on my NTSC system and the
colors appeared to be EXACTLY the same.  The screen didn't roll either.
I couldn't tell any difference between the two.

> push the stick forwart to start the game and to advance one level

This is a BAD idea.  You should you the select switcch or the difficulty
switches or something fo do this or at least only be able to do it
before the start of the game.  I found myself accidentally bumping the
joystick up and skipping to the next level.

> push backwarts to drop the stone

Try making the stone drop a little slower like Nintendo's version of
Tetris.

> If you find any bugs or have any questions , comments or ideas for things,
> that are really missing in the game, please contact me.

Making the pieces different colors would be a nice touch.  Some music
would also be welcome. :-)  Otherwise it seems to be coming along very
nicely.  Keep up the good work.

Chris Pepin
cpepin1@xxxxxxxx

Keeper of the Maniac Mansion (NES) FAQ.