Re: [stella] POLL

Subject: Re: [stella] POLL
From: Greg Troutman <mor@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 1997 00:21:19 -0800
Erik Mooney wrote:

> Hmm.. I knew I had a point here somewhere.. oh yeah.. Anyways, the missing
> part here for me is a 6502 reference and development tools (like an
> assembler).  I have no Supercharger, but should be able to test code on one
> of the emulators.  Are there any good (free) references for the 6502, and
> any 6502 assemblers that run on DOS-based systems?  Also, the contents of
> the "vcs.h" referred to in "How to Draw a Playfield" would be pretty
> helpful.  Any help appreciated.. thanks.

For a really thorough, succint 6502 reference card (pretty much all
someone with your experience will need), grab this:

http://www.spies.com/arcade/simulation/cpuRefCards/6502

The VCS.H is a file of equates translating the Stella register and port
mnemonics to the correct $## memory addresses.  That way your code will
have lots of COLUPF and GRP0 arguments and be nice and readable by
practically no one ;)  You can make your own in about 10 minutes if you
type fast, though I'm sure someone will email it to you any minute now!

> I'll worry about stuff like production, distribution method, pricing, and
> so on when I actually make something that works =)

Good luck!

--
mor@xxxxxxx
http://www.crl.com/~mor/