Re: [stella] Making carts

Subject: Re: [stella] Making carts
From: Nick S Bensema <nickb@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 1997 01:21:10 -0700 (MST)
>The only down side to producing carts this way is that it's only practical
>for games of 4K or less.  BUT, from other threads I read in this list, it
>will be a while before games get that complicated.  Perhaps by then, we can
>get together on a design for a "generic" 8K/16K/whatever board, and make
>enough for everyone, so that the per-board costs are lower.  (ie, if I
>have a run of 200 made, and you do, we'll each pay $1000 each ($2000 total).
>If we get together and have a run of 400 made it will cost us only a
>total of $1500, or $750 each!-  I just made up these numbers, but you get
>the idea I hope.)  This will become feasable only after q good number of
>us are making games >4K.

Here's a better idea.  Cannibalize Asteroids carts like you did for
the Pac-Man and Combats.  There must be other OC 8K games.  If worse
comes to worse, we can buy those bulk cartridges from Oshea for 60c
each.

But that's in the future.  Though 8K wouldn't be too hard to code for
if I ever did need that much space.  The first bank would have all the
game calculation bits, the second bank would have all the screen drawing
bits.