Re: [stella] let's go back to work!

Subject: Re: [stella] let's go back to work!
From: Piero Cavina <p.cavina@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 1997 14:10:11 +0100
At 12:46 -0700 5-03-1997, Nick S Bensema wrote:

>>This means that there can be three objects in the same vertical space with
>>independent horizontal movement: 2 enemies + player, and without ficker.

>I suspect that at least one of those enemies is really a missile, utilizing
>clever use of the NUSIZ and HMOVE registers.  They sure look like players,
>though, don't they?

You might be right... they look like players, but they aren't very
detailed, so a missile could have been used.

Here's what could be very useful: an emulator where you can identify
players/missiles. You could press a key on the keyboard, and have sprite 0
drawn red regardless what the program puts into the color register, for
example. It shouldn't be difficult to do. An emulator for developers...

>Look at Stampede, for example.  Those horses
>and cattle are plainly wider than 8 pixels, yet have really good horizontal
>resolution.

Couldn't they be two sprites one next to the other...?

Still, there are some games where I really can't understand how they did it.
"Road runner": here we have the Coyote, Road Runner and the truck together
whith no limits of movement, except for the truck that doesn't move
vertically. And no flicker.

Ciao,
 P.