Re: [stella] Sprites source code

Subject: Re: [stella] Sprites source code
From: Bob Colbert <rcolbert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 1997 08:36:58 -0600 (CST)
On Thu, 6 Mar 1997, Nick S Bensema wrote:

> >- Do you think that a different way of storing X coordinates might lead to
> >a more efficient code  during screen drawing? For example:

> Though it could be as simple as this:

<tech stuff deleted>

Nick, what you were talking about was unnecessary, the values that would
be stored in the byte are already adjusted after the calcpos routine was
called.  That routine takes an X coordinate and translates it into the
correct rough and fine positioning values.  Those can then be combined
into a 1 byte value as the original poster stated.  Please remember that
the code I uploaded is VERY sloppy.  I was just winging it, and plan a
total rewrite now that the concept is down.

				Take Care,
					Bob