Re: [stella] Making carts

Subject: Re: [stella] Making carts
From: Bob Colbert <rcolbert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 1997 08:27:13 -0600 (CST)
On Thu, 6 Mar 1997 huber@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Glenn Saunders writes:

> >I hate to say this, but I have to give Bob Colbert some praise for not
> >going your route.  It may not be better for you, but it's better for the
> >end user to get full games on .BINs.

Thanks.

> I'll counter your praise by praising Ed for not limiting the supply of his
> games on cartridge.

Well, just to let you know, the supply of Okie Dokies is NOT limited.  I
plainly stated that anybody can make a cartridge.  I have been
referring anybody who has e-mailed me asking for a cart to Randy
Chrihfield and Sean Kelly.  They are making Okie Dokies, the only
difference is that their carts do not have my glossy label with my
signature and a serial number, nor do they get my official manual.  The
carts I made also have an easter egg that displays a message and the
serial # of the cart.  I think that 100 was a very generous # to make, it
takes a long time to make 100 carts!  BTW, I am not getting any
compensation for the cartridges made by Randy and Sean (even though I was
offered royalties), the 2k ROM image is Freeware -- period.

			Take Care,
				Bob