Re: [stella] Atari 2600 Sound Scale

Subject: Re: [stella] Atari 2600 Sound Scale
From: Glenn Saunders <krishna@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 1997 16:09:39 -0800
At 04:03 PM 3/10/97 -0700, you wrote:
>Some distortions might qualify as two or three notes at once.  In any event,

My guitar tuner seems to be able to find the fundemental tone in a fairly
distorted signal.  Not pure noise tones, though.  White or pink noise
contains many frequencies at once, not just harmonics.

Another big reason tuners may not like the 2600 is that the 2600 does not
produce pure sine waves.  They are rougher, already somewhat distorted.

>My biggest fear about the list is that I'll habitually change the To
>line in an important or personal message that doesn't even remotely belong
>in this list.

I am going to try to reconfig the list so that replies always go back to
stella by default.

Unfortunately I forgot who it was that set the list up for me.  I hope he's
subscribed...  I may need his help.