Re: [stella] Wav files

Subject: Re: [stella] Wav files
From: Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Eckhard Stolberg)
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 1997 12:46:02 +0100
>After trying the paddle/sound utility and the PAL color
>demo posted to the list, I find I can't get them to work on my
>supercharger.  Other demos posted here have worked, but not
>those.  They seem to work on an emulator, but not when I
>dump them to my SC.  I think it might because I'm using play.exe
>to play the wav files.  Does anyone know where I can get a better
>wav player on the net?  A dos program would be preffered because
>I can then use it in a batch file.

If other programs work on your Supercharger, it might not be a problem with
your player. Since both programs you've mentioned are 2k, I think it's a
problem with the bin converter you are using. It seems to load the 2k program
into the wrong RAM bank. You could try blowing up the 2k files to 4k files
by doing 'copy /b 2kfile.bin+2kfile.bin 4kfile.bin'. The new 4k BINs should
work fine with all converters.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg

--
Archives available at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/archives/