RE: [stella] Wav files

Subject: RE: [stella] Wav files
From: Robert "A." Colbert <colbertb@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 07:43:51 -0600
>On Mon, 24 Mar 1997, Eckhard Stolberg wrote:

>It seems to load the 2k program
> into the wrong RAM bank. You could try blowing up the 2k files to 4k files
> by doing 'copy /b 2kfile.bin+2kfile.bin 4kfile.bin'.

well, it could be a problem with makewav, but it also could be (more likely)
a problem with the .bin -- Let me explain.  I have noticed that in some 2k games, the programmers will access areas in both the $f000-$f7ff and the
$f800 - $ffff areas of RAM.  What happens is that since the address line in
the cart that switches between these two areas is either tied high or low,
a call to $f000 is identical to a call to $f800.  I noticed this in Breakout,
and the only way to easily fix it is to double up the ROM image to 4k.  I
did recognize this problem and mentioned it in previous versions of the documentation, but seemed to have left it out of the later releases.

				Later,
					Bob

 The new 4k BINs should