Re: [stella] another demo (don't say I'm not trying!)

Subject: Re: [stella] another demo (don't say I'm not trying!)
From: Lee Seitz <lkseitz@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 08:48:52 -0600 (CST)
Piero Cavina boldly stated:
>While on PC Atari it is perfect, I noticed some problems with Stella and
>another emulator. Looks like that some lines are "floating", and the whole
>image expands and shrinks periodically. That could be caused by the code
>taking more time than what I've planned in some critical points, but I don't
>understad why this doesn't happen on PC Atari.
>
>Can you confirm that on a real Atari the image is always steady?

I just tried it out last night via Makewav.  Pretty impressive.  Now I
know how games like Taz and Fast Food work. 8)

I was going to ask about something which I think is the problem you
just mentioned.  As sprite 0 passes over the top line of each instance
of sprite 1, that sprite 1 moves one (I think) scanline up or down,
depending on which way sprite 0 is moving.  (That is, as sprite 0
passes each line of sprite 1, sprite 1 moves one scanline in the same
direction as sprite 0.  Clear as mud, yes?)

--
   Lee K. Seitz * lkseitz@xxxxxxxxxx * http://fly.hiwaay.net/~lkseitz/
Classic Video Games Nexus Maintainer (fly.hiwaay.net/~lkseitz/cvg/nexus/)

--
Archives available at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/archives/