Re: [stella] another demo (don't say I'm not trying!)

Subject: Re: [stella] another demo (don't say I'm not trying!)
From: Chris Pepin <cpepin1@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 1997 18:16:19 -0500 (EST)
>Here's a demo program (NTSC or emulators only) that shows how sprite 1
>can be reused to draw up to 11 horizontally moving objects, together with
>sprite 0, which has full freedom of movement. The step from this demo to
>a full game (maybe not even too crap) shouldn't be very wide... do you
>remember "Asterix"? ;)

>Thought this demo works very well on PC Atari Emulator, I haven't been
>able to test it on the real thing, and I suspect that there might be some
>minor problem "filtered" by the emulator. If you can try it on a real
>2600 please let me know how it works.

It seems to work all right on my NTSC 2600 and TV.  But it should be noted
that the TV I tried it on can run pal and NTSC games okay.  Pal games will
sometimes be shoved downwards for some reason resulting in the bottom
being cut off.  This appeared to look okay.  You should post the source
code to the list.

Chris Pepin
cpepin1@xxxxxxxx

Atari 2600 Fun Facts & Info Guide / Maniac Mansion (NES) FAQ
Tom Swift Books / http://www.grfn.org/~cpepin1/index.html