Re: [stella] another demo (don't say I'm not trying!)

Subject: Re: [stella] another demo (don't say I'm not trying!)
From: Piero Cavina <p.cavina@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 14:49:13 +0100 (MET)
At 18.16 27/03/97 -0500, Chris Pepin wrote:

>>Here's a demo program (NTSC or emulators only) that shows how sprite 1
>>can be reused to draw up to 11 horizontally moving objects, together with

>It seems to work all right on my NTSC 2600 and TV.  But it should be noted
>that the TV I tried it on can run pal and NTSC games okay.

While on PC Atari it is perfect, I noticed some problems with Stella and
another emulator. Looks like that some lines are "floating", and the whole
image expands and shrinks periodically. That could be caused by the code
taking more time than what I've planned in some critical points, but I don't
understad why this doesn't happen on PC Atari.

Can you confirm that on a real Atari the image is always steady?
(Sorry, I can't do the test by myself at the moment)

>You should post the source code to the list.

As soon as I'll have cleaned it a little.

P.

--
Archives available at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/archives/